I’ve always like the boards that parents and grandparents use to display and proudly show off the artwork of their little ones.
This is a bit of an experiment one and here are a few things I learned:
- First, don’t leave the ‘good paint’ at the Oxford Cottage 3 hours away or you will have to use the ‘cheap’ paint that you keep here for art projects with the kids.
- If you would rather have a painted board than a stained one. Paint first, then put the score marked and outline marks on it.
- Use a cool design to cut out the board, so you don’t have just straight edges. Do this before you pull everything out of the laser and realize the oops.
- Don’t forget to check the alignment on your clothespins before you do the laser.
- This was actually a really fun project and I think I will have these available for purchase. You can have them bare, so you can use your own paint colors or I will do the painting for you (after I get my good paints back).
As I have been doing this, I realized I might be able to do some of it on my Pazzles. I’m going to do some ‘testing’ and see what I can come up with. Stay tuned.