I have finished my desk. Things went slower than planned, but eating, sleeping, family and working are things I couldn’t ignore.
Here it is:
I left the harp and strings in the piano to keep the character and charm of the piece. I am so excited. I have actually been working at it for a few days and it is FANTASTIC. The height of the keyboard is perfect and it is so nice having the monitor at the correct height again. It really opened up the floor space and gave me even more room in my studio.
As I am looking at the photos, I realized I forgot to paint the board that I attached to the bottom after I removed the wheels. It is set just slightly back, so when I painted, I missed it, but I will get them done.
Here are a few photos of removing the base and some of the big pieces. Cleaning up the harp with the strings, etc took about 6-8 hours, because I had to use Liquid Gold on a Q-Tip to get between the strings.
I would love to hear what you think of my rescued piano desk. If you go look at this post, you can see the clean up and the story of the mouse.